Students living within the city limits or students with a sibling currently enrolled in Guntersville City Schools will be enrolled immediately. For students living outside the city limits, enrollment applications will be accepted. However, those students outside the city limits will be notified at a later date if there is adequate space for them to attend Guntersville City Schools.
In order to enroll in the Guntersville City School system, the following must apply:
• School officials will be given 24 hours prior notice of intent to enroll before the student can be officially admitted to the school. At the time a parent/guardian indicates the intent to enroll a student, school officials should secure a transfer document for the student that certifies dates of attendance and gives the school's address. The parent/guardian will be given an information card listing the documents that will be needed for enrollment.
• During the period prior to enrollment, school officials will contact the school from which the student is transferring to determine eligibility for continued attendance and to secure official records.
• Parent or guardian must be present at the time of registration to complete the Student Information Sheet and provide other information and signatures.
• Two proofs of Residence may be a signed copy of a lease, rental or purchase agreement for a residence, indicating the address of the residence. A copy of a utility bill mailed to the residence is also acceptable.
• Proof of Age may consist of a valid birth certificate, a valid passport or other official document listing date and place of birth, such as a health certificate or notarized statement.
• Proof of Immunization consists only of the State of Alabama Certificate of Immunization (blue slip). Assistance will be provided to students in need of a valid certificate.
• A copy of the social security card should be made for the files.
• All students are required to complete a Home Language Survey.
• The student/parent/school compact should be signed by the parent, student, teacher, and school administrator indicating that all involved will do their part to ensure the student's proper education.
• All students will be given the opportunity to apply for free or reduced lunch, to purchase school insurance, and/or given an ALL Kids brochure.
• Students will be provided with a student handbook and/or explained the rules and regulations of the school.
Note: If a student is determined to be of a traditionally under served population, there are no barriers to enrollment. The student is enrolled immediately. The liaison for the school system is contacted to assist with the procedures for enrollment and the completion of required paperwork, as needed.