Yearbook Pictures will be taken
Friday, September 30th
* Please have your student practice buckling and unbuckling & opening and closing car doors so that they can LOAD and UNLOAD on the passenger side. We discourage parents from getting out of the car during carline.
* Reminder: Kindergarten may begin to have visitors at lunch in October. Kindergartners are doing a great job learning the routines in the lunchroom, but just need a few more weeks before we start having extra visitors. Thank you for your cooperation!
* Our lunchroom received a grant to provide "cost-free" breakfast for all students. We encourage all students to go to breakfast now! Students must be at school before the bell rings to visit breakfast.
* Remember that to change transportation plans in ANY way, we must have your changes in writing. We cannot change transportation over the phone for safety reasons.
* Please check your student's backpack and home folder every night. We have important information coming home regularly.
In the event of weather related school closings or delays, we will make calls through our automated phone system, update websites and social media, and alert local news and radio. Please keep in mind that we are Guntersville City Schools and our plans are not always the same as the county system.
Website Notes: Our grade level websites and teacher email links are all located at the very top of the page under "Staff Directory". Be sure to check out the menus, Facebook and Twitter links!
Violin Lessons with Mrs. Mades
GES is excited to welcome Karen Mades! Mrs. Mades will be teaching violin lessons to 2nd graders each week. She is originally from Minnesota but moved to Huntsville in 2008. She holds a Bachelor of Music Ed/Music Therapy from Wartburg College. She worked as a music therapist and piano teacher in Minnesota and Iowa. She played violin in the Bloomington Symphony and SE Iowa Symphony. Mrs. Mades has been married to her husband Joel for 27 years and they have 5 children. This is her fourth year with the HSO violin program. We are excited to have her join us each week at GES!
Before you proceed to the online registration form, make sure you have the Access Code to register your child. This code only applies if they attended Guntersville City Schools last year. Please visit your students school counselors office where your child attends to get this code. Due to student data privacy concerns we can not give this information over the phone or email.